- Research Assistant Computer Science and Engineering, Penn State University, PA 2015.02 - 2016.09
(ii) At the tenant side: Investigated the problem of how a tenant should orchestrate its resource procurement given the full spectrum (price dynamism, effective capacity dynamism and scaling granularity) of current VM offerings from commercial public clouds. A hierarchical control framework which combines global online predictive control and distributed local reactive control with fine-grained resource scaling is proposed to optimize the tenant’s cost-efficacy.
(iii) Prototype cloud control system is deployed in both local cluster and Amazon EC2 cloud platform. Case studies with real-world tenant applications (e.g., Memcached, Web server) are conducted to demonstrate the efficacy of our proposed framework and approaches.
- Research Assistant Computer Science and Engineering, Penn State University, PA 2011.08 - 2015.01
service models. We investigate this problem in three steps: (i) Abstracting cloud’s control with the goal of overcoming scalability limitations due to the diversity and idiosyncrasies of real-world DR knobs. (ii) Cloud’s pricing design with strategic tenant interactions for cloud’s profit maximization. (iii) Cloud’s pricing and control design with differentiated SLAs (dynamic effective capacity) and tenants’ strategic reactions. (iv) Comprehensive evaluation based on benchmarking and system prototyping.
- Research Assistant Dept. of Automation, Tsinghua University, China 2009.08 - 2011.03
- Research Assistant Dept. of Automation, Tsinghua University, China 2008.11 - 2009.06
- Research Assistant Dept. of Automation, Tsinghua University, China 2006.09 - 2007.01
- Research Intern IBM Research Almaden, San Jose, USA 2015.06 - 2015.9
- Research Intern IBM Research Zurich, Switzerland 2014.07 - 2014.10
- Software Development Intern IBM China Development Lab, Beijing, China 2010.07 - 2010.09
- Technical Support Intern Schneider Electric, Beijing, China 2007.07 - 2007.08
- Software: Matlab, Cplex, MySQL, OpenStack, Docker container, Memcached, vSphere.